1. Starting our Wednesday with our conditioning for the day - "Waterlogged". 2. Finishing today with Body Armor with a focus on the midline. A. METCON: “Waterlogged” For Time:
30 Alternating Dumbbell Snatches, 15 Burpee Box Jump Overs
20 Alt. DB Snatches, 10 Burpee Box Jump Overs
10 Alt. DB Snatches, 5 Burpee Box Jump Overs *Rx Dumbbell – (50/35)
*Rx Box – (24/20) In "Waterlogged", we start with a 1,000 meter row buy-in. Similar to the CrossFit
1. Starting with skills, we'll be building our capacity on the strict handstand pushup, challenged by the rower.
2. Conditioning to finish our day, in an ascending repetition scheme of running and power clean and jerks. A. GYMNASTICS: On the 1:30 x 5 Rounds:
15/12 Calorie Row
Time Remaining – Max Strict Handstand Push-Ups *bike 10/8 calories if needed *If unable to complete strict HSPU’s complete max reps of dumbbell presses
Each 1:30 interval starts with the buy-in row
Week #5 of "Grunt Work".
"Muscle Monday" in full effect. 1. Adjusting our back squat waves to smaller sets, and bringing out percentages higher. We'll build off this rep scheme next week. Following, two sets of back rack reverse lunges to strengthen our posterior from a different angle.
2. Snatch work to finish the day. A. STRENGTH: Every 2:00 for 6 Sets Back Squat 4 x 72%
2 x 78%
4 x 72%
2 x 82%
4 x 72%
2 x 86%
Transitioning from 6 and 3 reps, to 4 and 2 reps. Wit
METCON: “Bubba Gump” 800 Meter Run
9 Hang Power Cleans (185/125)
21 Bar-Facing Burpees 800 Meter Run
15 Hang Power Cleans (135/95)
21 Bar-Facing Burpees 800 Meter Run
21 Hang Power Cleans (115/85)
21 Bar-Facing Burpees If unable to run, complete: 40 Calorie Bike OR 1,000m Row The only change in rep scheme takes place on the hang power cleans, moving from 9-15-21. With increase in reps, the loads decrease. Stimulus wise, here's what we're looking for with the three barbe
Closing in on the end of Week 4 in "Grunt Work".
A three-part workout combining three CrossFit.com workouts - "Fran", "Diane", and "Amanda". A. METCON: On the 0:00…6:00 "Fran"
Pull-Ups On the 6:00-12:00 "Diane"
Handstand Push-ups On the 12:00-Completion: "Amanda"
Squat Snatches (135/95) Any time remaining after completing the task (first being "Fran"), is rest. What is less important tha
METCON: In Teams of 2, Complete 3 Rounds for Time:
40 Calorie Row
800m Run 40 Sit-Ups 6 Wall Walks If unable to run, complete: 40 Calorie Bike 1,000m Row
Athletes can break up reps however they choose.
1. Barbell Cycling.
2. Conditioning, and a classic CrossFit.com benchmark - "The Chief". A. BARBELL CYCLING: On the 2:00 x 5 Sets:
3 Power Cleans
1 Pausing Push Jerk + 2 Push Jerks (*2 sec pause in catch)
Set 1 - 65% of 1RM C&J
Set 2 - 70%
Sets 3-5 - Build to a heavy complex for the day.
On the pausing push jerk, the first of the three overheads: 2 second pause in the dip position, and 2 second pause in the catch (quarter squat receiving position). No pause in the
1. Strict Handstand Pushups. Checking in for a screen shot of where we currently are, as we approach 1/3rd of the way through "Grunt Work". 2. After a weight intensive Monday, an all conditioning Tuesday. Two parts, with the focus of effort being on a benchmark of ours - "Boat Race". 3.“Murph” prep to finish the day. A. GYMNASTICS: Strict Handstand Pushups
1 Attempt for Max Repetitions Checking in for a screen shot of where we are. Last completed at the start of the month (A
Week #4 of "Grunt Work".
After our first three weeks of ascending back squat percentages, we are taking a brief recovery from the heavier weights. Not a full deload week (3 weeks out there), but a chance to recover for the next push ahead.
Pausing back squats, coupled with the jump rope to start our day and add a light breathing component to the repetitions. Although reduced percentages, this will still prove to be a good challenge for us.
Repeating our snatch primers fr
A. STRENGTH: On the 2:00 x 5 Sets:
2 High Hang Cleans (Pockets)
2 Hang Cleans (Knee-Level)
2 Cleans (Floor) Set 1 - 45% of 1RM Clean
Set 2 - 50-55%
Set 3 - 55-65%
Sets 4-5 - Build to a Heavy Complex. All repetitions are intended to be squat cleans, and the set is intended to be completed unbroken (touch and go repetitions on the full clean). B. METCON: The Passion WOD 2019 100 Double Unders (200 singles) 800m Barbell Carry (95/65) 100 Burpees Gyms and FAITH RXD Chapters